Sunday, May 3, 2009

Enough about Clothes

I am getting pretty sick and tired of hearing filler news stories on the same subject that no one should care about. What I am talking about are stories on Michelle Obama's clothes or their new dog Bo. There is no good reason as to why people would want to know or hear about this, and yet, there is so much attention given to it. I have tried my best to avoid these stories because they don't serve and good. What key issues are involved when we talk about what Michelle is wearing? None. Is there going to be a national crisis if Bo has worms and needs to go to the vet. Absolutely not. It bothers me so much that instead of doing stories on something that matters, news media is spending their time with this garbage.

People know more about Michelle's fashion sense than they do about policies on a wide variety of things. I think the news media should be more responsible in what they report, and instead of giving us fillers on things such as clothes or dogs, they should focus on other aspects like investigative journalism or whats happening in the rest of the world. If I had an opportunity to run a news station, I would never have a story on such nonsense, even if it sells. We too as citizens need to be more responsible and reject these things instead of gobbling it up. What kind of nation are we when people can name Obama's dog, but they don't know who the vice president is. Or how about people who can tell you what Michelle wore to a certain event, but don't even know what was said at that event. I believe people need to be more responsible and request better news coverage on stories that actually have an affect on the people or government.

No comments:

Post a Comment