Sunday, May 3, 2009

Fox vs CNN

Watching both the Fox news channel and the CNN news channel, I was able to make some distinctions between the two. Fox is easily recognised as being very right wing. CNN on the other hand appears to be liberal. I don't think that they cover the same events in the same way. CNN critiques the government on a regular basis, which was evident during the Bush administration. Fox seems to go along with what the government does and backs it most of the time. The reason for this is personal agendas, and of course the people who control the stations. This is good because you can see both sides of a story if you watch both CNN and Fox.

As to what coverage I like better, I prefer CNN to Fox. CNN, as I said, is more critical of our government and what it's doing. You would never hear a story on Fox about Arabic men being abducted and thrown into jails without a lawyer, however, you would hear a similar story like this on CNN. I prefer objective coverage, and that is what I perceive CNN to be. I simply dislike a news station that doesn't question things and just goes along with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment